Welcome!

I made the leap and decided to get LASIK eye surgery in 2012! This blog is meant for my friends, family, and others who are nervous or on the fence about having LASIK eye surgery done themselves and want to track my progress. I found that there was nothing better than hearing about and reading personal experiences from past LASIK patients when making my final decision. This is an honest account of my experience from pre-op to post-op. Feel free to share. I hope this helps those who are a little hesitant in taking the same leap that I did. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just Keeps Getting Better

Well, it has been two weeks since my surgery, and things are seem to be going swimmingly!  I can honestly say that the dry-eye situation is getting drastically better.  I noticed this weekend that when I woke up in the morning, I wasn't running to find my eye drops.  If I woke up in the middle of the night, I would put some in as a proactive measure, not because I necessarily needed them.  I noticed on Sunday that my vision seemed to be at its peak.  Everything was so crisp and there was no dryness!  John and I played the "Can you read that sign?" game again while in the car :)

Last week, I received a really nice card from my doctor and his staff, thanking me for choosing and trusting them with my care.  Inside, there was a wonderful gift -- a $20 gift card to Barnes & Noble, as a "congratulations on your new vision!" gesture (I'm assuming).  I thought that was so nice of them.  There was also a referral sheet outlining what benefits I would get if anyone I referred actually went along with the surgery.  Not bad ... I'd get a check for $100 for the first person and $150 for every person after that.  I certainly can't complain!

Yesterday, vision in my left eye seemed to be a little blurred.  Today, my right eye apparently decided to swap roles with the left eye and take a try at it (I would have written "... take a stab at it" but "stab" seemed a little violent when talking about my eyes, haha!).  My left eye is back to normal; my right eye is a little off.  Also, my right eye is feeling a little sore and there seems to be a little red irritation line looming ... no big deal, though!

I am amazed every day when I wake up that I am able to SEE!  It really is incredible ... the coolest thing I've ever experienced.  It is also pretty great that I never have to worry about sleeping with my contacts in, forgetting to put them in, and all of that fun stuff.  I am going on a trip to Virginia next month to visit family, and I am excited that I won't have to worry about forgetting to pack a backup pair of contacts, my case, solution and glasses!  It is exciting to just "get up and go" when I wake up now.  Although it only took a few seconds to put my contacts in each day, it took several minutes for them to adjust (super annoying).  Eliminating that morning ritual has really added some extra time to my morning scramble!

Once again, no real complaints!  I still feel as though I'm living a dream!  I can't believe I can finally SEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment