Welcome!

I made the leap and decided to get LASIK eye surgery in 2012! This blog is meant for my friends, family, and others who are nervous or on the fence about having LASIK eye surgery done themselves and want to track my progress. I found that there was nothing better than hearing about and reading personal experiences from past LASIK patients when making my final decision. This is an honest account of my experience from pre-op to post-op. Feel free to share. I hope this helps those who are a little hesitant in taking the same leap that I did. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now....

Just worth noting that the night I had my surgery, one of my very best friends left me a voicemail of her singing the song, "I Can See Clearly Now," but changed the words from "...the rain is gone" to: "... my astigmatism is gone," haha.  I have been sworn to vow to never play it for anyone, but I did save it for eternity and don't have a password on my voicemail if anyone just so happens to snag my phone ... her name is Kathleen ;)

Also worth noting:  Today was the first day I actually woke up and had the true ability to "see clearly."  It was the first time I didn't have to wear those silly eye shields to bed.  Those never allowed me to truly "see" when I first woke up until I peeled them off of my face.  They were just plastic with tape all over them, so vision was not clear (and shouldn't have been).  My first thought when I opened my eyes this morning was, "cool!"

My eyes are still super dry in the morning, but now that I'm allowed to put warm compresses on my face, it helps clear everything up a bit and get my eyes rejuvenated.

Night glares are still hanging around and are getting a little annoying if I'm driving, but I'm hopeful that things will get back to normal over time.  When I first started considering having this done, I was told it was going to be a marathon, not a sprint.  Basically, I was told to not expect unrealistic results right off the bat ... give it time.  Lucky for me, winter is pretty much out the door (although, it never really made an appearance this year), and longer days are ahead.  Driving at "night" will be at a minimum since the sun will be out longer ... score!  Always looking toward the bright side (get it??)

No comments:

Post a Comment